Summer is finally here which means vacation and long weekends. Don't forget to get yourself and your business ready to clearly communicate office hours. Communicating availability can save many frustrations. Is your business ready?
Here are a few pointers to clearly communicate your business’s hours and keep your customers happy during the holiday season:
- Make sure everyone knows your special hours – This is the first step in avoiding chaos and unwanted emergencies. Notify your customers, partners, vendors, delivery services, and employees.
- Update outgoing phone greetings – With VoIP systems, phone messages can be preprogrammed in advance of the actual holiday. Set these holiday greetings in advance to avoid stress and allow for questions or corrections. If you would like your employees to have their out of office messages or office hours adjusted, craft a company holiday hours message and set an internal deadline for completion of this task well in advance of the actual holiday.
- Create a new auto-attendant message – If this is a tool that your business uses, record a holiday hours message with a specific greeting and special options for your callers. This ensures that callers will have the same information as when direct dialing an employee.
- Establish who’s on call – Your team members may not have to be on-site over the holidays, but still need to be on call. If this is the case, provide clear instructions to your staff on how to forward their business phones. Setting up special call forwarding rules, ensures all calls are received regardless of the team member’s physical location.
- List special hours on your website – Also, set a reminder to remove the office-hours message post-holiday.
Our Client Services team is here to support you when setting your business’s holiday greeting. Please do not hesitate to contact us. We recommend calling in advance as requests are processed in the order that they are received.
Best wishes for a safe and happy summer vacation!
Comtel Communications, a telecom/technology consulting agency based in Richmond, Virginia since 1991, provides best-in-class solutions and unbiased counsel to a diverse group of small, medium, and enterprise-level businesses, totaling more than $18.2M in annual billings. Leveraging unique access to 350+ national and international providers, Comtel benefits its clients through competitive quotes from multiple sources, to ensure their business goals are met with current and dynamic telecom and technology services. Acting as a partner, long after contracts are signed and services are deployed, Comtel offers superb back-office support to manage upgrades, track orders, and provide training to clients.
Author: Amy Humphreys