Yesterday, April 22nd, was Earth Day. People around the world come together every year on that day to celebrate our planet and raise awareness of ways that everyone can make a difference.
Throughout the years, as technology has advanced, there has been forward progression in supporting efforts to conserve and to protect Mother Earth. The concept of “Green IT” has been introduced.
“Green IT is a set of practical measures designed to ensure that Information Technology is develop, delivered and used in a way this is environmentally friendly, sustainable and energy efficient."
Here are ways that individuals and organizations can join in the “Green IT” initiative:
- Procure IT equipment and other infrastructure products based on both their power consumption efficiency and their embedded emissions.
- Prolong the life of IT equipment, or when appropriate move to lower energy consumption products
- Move to duplex printing as the default
- Move to cloud computing and software as a service where appropriate
- Turn off unused equipment
- Recycle IT consumables
- Structure the organization to support Green IT initiatives
- Change IT processes (such as Service Asset and Configuration Management) at the micro level to embed Green IT
- Manage data center power efficiency. Review metrics to ensure that they help to manage energy consumption reductions effectively
- Move to server virtualization, cloud computing and software as a service where appropriate
- Implement server (and PC) power management
- Use renewable and cleaner power sources
As good consumers and good stewards of precious resources, it is important for us all to do our part.
Comtel Communications, a telecom/technology consulting agency based in Richmond, Virginia since 1991, provides best-in-class solutions and unbiased counsel to a diverse group of small, medium, and enterprise-level businesses, totaling more than $18.2M in annual billings. Leveraging unique access to 350+ national and international providers, Comtel benefits its clients through competitive quotes from multiple sources, to ensure their business goals are met with current and dynamic telecom and technology services. Acting as a partner, long after contracts are signed and services are deployed, Comtel offers superb back-office support to manage upgrades, track orders, and provide training to clients.
Author: Amy Humphreys